St. Paul >Twin Cities Reptiles
A Rebuttal from a long time Customer.
Wow, where to begin with you?
1) "The store had a foul smell upon entering" Oh, I'm sorry, have you never been to a zoo, pet store, or dog kennel? Large concentrations of animals tend to give off odors. Already, you're setting yourself up as someone who was 'wronged' and is seeking to take some sort of 'revenge' rather than an objective reviewer. You're obviously not targeting REAL enthusiasts with this review, rather you're attempting to dissuade casual hobbyists from going. No REAL herp hobbyist is going to let SMELL get in the way--ever been around 1,000+ crickets? Its not exactly Burberry cologne scented. Judging by your picture, you're not a herp lover, just a snake lover. That would explain how you have not a clue about how invert live feeders smell. Thats strike one on you being in any way credible.
2) "The fish tanks are awful looking" Oh, I'm sorry, did you come to a reptile and amphibian centric store expecting Fish World? I suppose you weren't too impressed with McDonald's so called Chicken "Selects" either, were you? ITS A REPTILE STORE! If you want steak, go to a steakhouse. If you want pasta, go to an italian restaurant. Don't go to a whiskey bar and complain about the wine list. Are you really this dense?
3) "the Reptiles are so badly displayed" Really? You mean the well lit, clean, and multi-tiered system? How about you trundle on over to Petco and see how their reptiles get treated. When I buy a herp from TCR, I at least know its gotten appropriate nutrition and lighting, which is far more than I can say for almost every other store that sells herps. Unless you have connections to individual captive breeders, TCR is THE BEST place to get exotic herps. There's not any other option that comes close.
4) "it seemed like every tank I looked at said "not for sale" on it"
Pretty much patently false. The only animals NOT FOR SALE at TCR are babies that are too small to be sold or animals that have ALREADY been sold. So, this proves that the store a) takes care of its herps and b) sells a lot of herps. Excellent logic thus far, Mr. Yanto. Onwards!
5) "scorning me for asking honest questions"
I have simply never had this experience. Are you sure you're even from Minnesota? We're not the 'scorning' kind. The ENTIRE staff has always been kind and attentive--as wells as knowledgeable. These people don't just collect a paycheck, they are herp owners as well. How many other pet stores are gonna have employees who remember your herps NAME and SPECIES? Very cool staff, shame on you for posting tripe...speaking of drivel, as for your next contention--
"if I had my way this store would be shut down tomorrow"
Thankfully, you're just a whiner who didn't get appropriately worshipped/babied/kowtowed to. Thats why you're here and why you're writing a review like this.
TCR was and is the ONLY place in the Twin Cities where you can get the widest variety of herps and amphibians (along with a nice selection of inverts as well). You, Mr Yanto, are truly sad--without places like TCR, most regular folks would have to buy their reptiles from Petco or Petsmart--and thats deplorable if you ask me. If you want to kill the casual reptile hobbyists' ability to get into the hobby the right way, then make sure you work hard to get TCR "shut down tomorrow."
Awful, just awful..
Reading these reviews surprises me a bit, I'm wondering why other people have rated this place so high. I took the trip to the cities with my main intention being Twin Cities Reptiles, because of all the positive things I've heard about the store. Unfortunately, when I walked in I was greatly disappointed. The store had a foul smell upon entering, but I shrugged it off and headed back, definitely not a deal breaker in my book. I walked back past all the damaged, used, and overpriced cages and got to the reptile and fish in the back.
First of all, the fish tanks are awful looking, they should be pulled. Secondly, the reptiles are so badly displayed it's a wonder anything sells at that shop. I saw two dead geckos in separate tanks, (what types I do not recall) snakes heavily scarred, and it seemed like every tank I looked at said "not for sale" on it.
I spoke to who I think was the owner, he was short and rude to me, scorning me for asking honest questions. Never someone I would ever do business with. In fact, they had some nice cork bark I liked when I walked in, (considered picking it up on the way out) and after speaking to the guy I had absolutely no interest in purchasing. Should not be in business.
A few very nice large pythons, chondros, and retics. Also had a couple of gorgeous woma's. Had some product that may be hard to find in the area as well.
In conclusion, if you are heading to the cities on other business and are in the area, sure stop by. I warn you do no make a trip out of just this store, you will be very disappointed. If I could of given it 0 stars, I would of. Maybe my standards are too high, but if I had my way this store would be shut down tomorrow.
Best Reptile Shop I've been to. I have been to a lot of pet shops. This one was by far the best reptile shop I've seen. Every cage was clean, the reptiles were very active and healthy, and marked appropriately.
twin cities reptile gets my vote love this store.. TwinsCitiesReptile has all your reptile needs although a little spendy staff is very knowledgable and very helpful im sure anything your looking for your pet or pets your surley find it here. I myself have bought several snakes from this store and has never had a problem with them. so keep up the good work love your variety of different type of snakes.
For the reptile enthusiast young and old!. Bring the kids and see the giant turtles! We love the owner because he has over 25 years of reptile knowledge. If you need real advice about any reptiles especially if yours is in need of care this is the place to go. If you are moving they also take reptiles that need a home if they are in ggod health . They sell crickets and live feed food for reptiles. For the reptile enthusiast this is the ONLY place in town to do business with ( oh and you can pick up dog and cat food too).