NO WAY!!! NEVER, EVER AGAIN!!!! BEYOND
I agree with the previous reviewer, Jennifer!
I had a web deal that I purchased for a gel nail service. When I got there they told me it was only to PAINT my nails with the gel polish and if I wanted anything extra (filing, lotion, pushing back cuticles, the basics...) I would need to pay extra. I didn't want to make a big issue of it with the nice ladies, OR waste my web voucher, so I said fine and paid the extra money. Big mistake! The lady had me soak my fingers for maybe fifteen seconds in a dish of water, then proceeded to attack my (non-overgrown) cuticles with some sharp instrument. She gouged my skin on the first finger and it started bleeding all over the towel. It didn't hurt that badly, but THEN she decided to pour some unlabeled blue liquid on the open wound, which immediately felt like it was eating through my skin. I was in so much pain and shock that I was gritting my teeth to keep from crying, nauseous, and shaky. She told me to hold my finger in front of a little fan and started to paint the nails on my other hand, without doing any filing or cuticle treatment. I said my finger really hurt and I needed to rinse the blue stuff out with water, but I don't think she understood english very well, so just poured more blue stuff on. I made it through the rest of the nail painting and even gave her a tip, because she was a sweet lady, despite injuring me, but my poor finger continued to throb and feel like it was being eaten from the inside out for the rest of the day. I still felt shaky and nauseous. Ice or tylenol didn't help. The manicure looks like crap, too. My cuticles look bad and the skin all around my nails is white, peeling, and dryer than before. The polish itself does look nice. To wrap this up... A week later, my finger was still hurting, though not as badly as the first day. The skin all underneath the cuticle area turned hard, black, and kept getting bigger. The skin under that was pink, swollen, and very painful to the touch. I felt overall sick, nauseous, and had a fever. I ended up going to urgent care and it turns out I contracted a bacterial skin infection from the cut on my finger. I'm on my second day of antibiotics, home and missing work - my finger looks disgusting as ever, hurts like hell, and I still feel sick. The doctor said it could very well be an antibiotic resistant strain and be more difficult to treat. Worst case scenario, the infection could move into my bloodstream, or more skin on my finger could die and need to be surgically removed. This was SO not worth a $10 savings on a crappy looking manicure!!!! NEVER GO TO THIS PLACE! So gross. =(
YUCK! GROSS! NEVER AGAIN!.
I don't even want to give the place a '1'.
I almost tripped over towels and water on the floor, I was cut so many times that my fingers still hurt, and my old polish was not completely takes off. I would NOT recommend this place! My 3 year old could have done a better job!!!!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!